Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Squealing-Now no start!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 09:42 PM
Pippi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squealing-Now no start!

My daughter has a 95 Dodge Neon. Today I drove it to work.....after work, when I started it up, it had a very loud squealing noise - like a belt. I shut the car off and instead of shutting down it sounded like I was trying to start it (
while the key was in the off position). This was continuous, so I restarted the car. This time, it started fine - no squeaking or anything weird. I drove it home (seven miles) then I shut if off. Now, it won't to ANYTHING when I try to start it. No turn over - no interior lights - nothing! I checked the battery connections and cables - and they appear to be secure. What should I try next???

Old 07-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Pippi

and it did seem to smell like toasted marshmallows for a few minutes after it started up.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:36 PM
hemi4spd
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

U cooked her starter

Old 07-23-2011, 01:19 PM
beenconfused

IM HAVING SIMILAR ISSUES, WIFE TOOK 99 DODGE NEON WORK OTHER DAY, sorry for caps lock, but anyways she got ready to leave work, she treid to start and it started screeching really bad, then she treid shut off but starter was still trying to start, well after few on off times, it went off, then got it home went out to start , and starter stuck on again went to shut off. took few tries, now nothing, i went and replaced cpu, and checked connections at batt. i cant figure it out, start new job this week and its been good car till now , if somone can help, id appreciate it ty ! and i have lights turns signals and it dings when u put key in , but when u trun key nothing, and i tried hookin obd 2 reader up, and it powers up from plug but soon as i puch connect just get error, !

Old 07-25-2011, 02:06 PM
hemi4spd
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude. I'd make a new thread describing this and Exactly what has been done so far.

The run-on is hard to decipher as well.
Make your points clear please.

You make no mention of testing the part that was identified as a problem.
the "Starter"

Quick Reply: Squealing-Now no start!