Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

My 2001 neon is bogging down badly (almost cutting off at times) while a/c is running

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 12:11 AM
fceaglesnest
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2001 neon is bogging down badly (almost cutting off at times) while a/c is running

It is also hesitating alot and sometimes makes a loud pop noise under the hood if I rev it up while its hesitating . The check engine light is not on and its not throwing out any error codes . Can someone please explain to me what the problem could be. I just bought this car 2 months ago and it was running fine when i got it but has taken a turn for the worse. I am now getting a pecking sound coming from what appears to be the botton end of the motor.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:49 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Old plugs and wires are one of the most common causes of poor performance issues on ANY car. If you aren't sure those were replaced recently, it's not a bad place to start.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:32 AM
fceaglesnest
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Darth... I changed plugs and plug wires and problem is fixed . I now feel like a moron . As a old school carb engine guy I should have known this. funny thing is I changed all of them got to last one and some how the 4th plug wire had came loose from the plug .

Quick Reply: My 2001 neon is bogging down badly (almost cutting off at times) while a/c is running