Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

speedometer and speed sensor issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 11:41 AM
stonernate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speedometer and speed sensor issue

i own a 2003 dodge neon sxt with 135k miles on it,
i had a code for the output speed sensor so i replaced it with a dealership one then my speedometer stopped working, when i press the gas the gas guage goes down to empty then i hit the brake and it goes up to half a tank, also it isnt tracking miles anymore on neither the trip or the total mileage, whats going on? i have been testing for bad grounds all over the place and cant find a bad one, unless its somehow my battery witch works fine starting and running the car. NOTE: the speed sensor code started popping up after i changed the upper motor mount, just mentioning it incase..

Last edited by stonernate; 07-13-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:02 PM
ronchilders38
Default 2003 Dodge Neon code 501 PLEASE HELP!!

my wife just bought the car and I have changed out the speed sensors in and out. Both of them. Speedometer still not working. It keeps engaging the check engine light and prohibiting from getting a Texas inspection sticker. I have checked all the wiring and cannot find a problem. the odometer is lit up but stuck at 142000 miles and is not registering miles. temperature gauge is working fuel tank gauge is working. I have also removed the cluster just to make sure everything look right and put it back in. All looks well. Someone please help As I am under the hood right now. If you know of something and can text me please do at 936-443-7247 Thanks

Old 12-30-2018, 01:33 AM
Gary van Purser

have same issue but I can get my inspection I'm in Killeen tx I heard the problem is in the cluster its self and I have a few extra funny isues like my radio cuts out when I open the doors

Old 08-28-2019, 09:14 AM
Daemon Payne
Default Little late

Originally Posted by Gary van Purser
have same issue but I can get my inspection I'm in Killeen tx I heard the problem is in the cluster its self and I have a few extra funny isues like my radio cuts out when I open the doors
Sounds like your bcm (body control module) is having issues. Replace the realy for it or fuse

Quick Reply: speedometer and speed sensor issue