Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

no start no spark

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 04:28 PM
Rob Townsen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no start no spark

Hi and thx for the add. I am working on a 97 neon 2.0, I have a crank but no start , I have 0 spark at the coils, with the exception that randomly the car will start and run for a min or 2 ans shut off, and i do mean randomly. I cannot communicate with the pcm, not sure why, I have checked all fuses and the check engine light comes on. I thought I had found the problem with the cranks sensor, as the wires were damaged and it was cracked, no luck. I had also tested it , 9 v in good ecm ground and nothing out, I also tested the cam sensor I am getting the same thing, proper voltage in and nothing out. As i understand it , as i hand crank the crank shaft i should be getting 5 v out on , off. I am beginning to wonder if I am getting voltage but no amperage? or possibly a bad ground , although I have checked all of the grounds i can find. any suggestions. When it does fire up it runs fine tia

Old 05-17-2018, 04:45 PM
Rob Townsen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

update , I just double checked cam ps, I am getting a change from 1.2 mv, to 25 mv, so the hall effect switch seems to be working , ideas?

Quick Reply: no start no spark