Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Pimp my ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 10:34 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pimp my ride

Crazy Squee is right. Drawing hot, hot air from the engine compartment is a waste of time. You're not gaining any worthwhile power. Routing the intake to an outside air source is the IDEA behind a CAI...but then you have to worry about hydrolock...

Old 08-10-2004, 11:23 PM
Cr@zy Squ33

ORIGINAL: dustyloins

Crazy Squee is right. Drawing hot, hot air from the engine compartment is a waste of time. You're not gaining any worthwhile power. Routing the intake to an outside air source is the IDEA behind a CAI...but then you have to worry about hydrolock...
....Which you'll have to worry about if you put the filter on the road in the wet season. Otherwise, you will be fine.

Old 08-11-2004, 08:20 AM
sauceboy
Professional

hey guys... uh, these pics sure look like the intake is going into the fender well. granted i probably don't know as much about cars as most of you do, but i'm pretty sure the fender well is not what you're refering to when you say "directly above the exhaust manifol/header". i'm also fairly certain the air in the fender well is also quite cool if not cold. i guess what i'm trying to say is: since i've got an aem cai coming in the mail, try to go easy on 'em.

Old 08-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Altima_wb
Captain

Thats a 2000 and up intake. On the 95-99s the aem puts the filter in the same location as the stock air box, right over the exhaust manifold.

Old 08-11-2004, 06:16 PM
casper
Legend

if you bought that intake for your car it might not work/fit.

Old 08-11-2004, 08:10 PM
red91RT
Veteran

On the PCM issue: Ya. It's a good buy!

Old 08-13-2004, 04:26 AM
b_s_d
Professional

ORIGINAL: verhagem
Additionally, I am loosing fins in my radiator and will need to replace it soon. Keeping in mind that my vehicle in NOT EQUPPIED WITH A/C, what is my best option for a replacement radiator?
I recently looked for a heavy duty aftermarket or re-core and was surprised by the lack of options. We were just trying to return the car to "reliable driver" condition, so did not want to pay the dealer premium for a Dodge ACR/RT radiator (and never really confirmed they were even available with the integrated ATX cooler).

I ended up switching to Aluminum in a standard capacity/configuration. While I'm in the camp that views Aluminum as a more effective radiator material, I acknowledge there are several good arguments supporting the original Copper/brass as better. While our Neon's temperature does now stay rock solid at or below mid-point in triple digit heat (it used to max out with A/C on over 100 degrees), can't honestly say whether it is due more to the Aluminum or just the fresh uncorroded core.

Other benefits are that it is a bit lighter than the original, has a lifetime guarantee, and cost less than $100 delivered. May be a little different for a non-AC car, but would not expect it to be much.

Old 08-13-2004, 04:43 PM
casper
Legend

sounds like sometin I might have to pick up

Quick Reply: Pimp my ride