Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

AAMCO

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 12:38 PM
1998neon
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AAMCO

It's time to service my tranny, and was wondering if anyone has had their's serviced at Aamco? Just wondering if they do good work. My car's my baby and I don't want to take her somewhere wwhere she'll get crap service. TIA

Old 08-18-2004, 12:46 PM
Altima_wb
Captain
Default RE: AAMCO

If your car is your baby why not do it yourself? Then you know for sure that it gets done correctly and that you got the right kind of fluid. ATF +3 I believe is what you are supposed to use and I have heard of a lot of horror stories of places like AAMCO and others, that put the wrong fluid in and then the tranny goes to hell. Your best bet is to talk to people at your local partstores they will have a pretty good idea as to which shops to go to and which to avoid.

Old 08-18-2004, 01:40 PM
1998neon
Professional

I would love to do the work myself, but I want to get the transmission flushed, I know that I cannot do that part, if I was just changing the filter and adjusting the bands I would definetly tackle the job myself.

Old 08-18-2004, 01:52 PM
Altima_wb
Captain

In that case you are better off taking it to a shop.

Quick Reply: AAMCO