Dodge Nitro The Dodge Nitro is a sporty mid size SUV that bound to turn heads where ever it roams. The Dodge Nitro is one fun ride!

Anyone have this problem yet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 12:22 PM
cincitirob
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have this problem yet?

We have had our Nitro for 4 months and twice this has happened. All the lights on the dash will come on for a couple of seconds and then go off. Both times it has happened while driving the SUV. It has not lost power or anything like that but seems like an electrical short. 1st time Dodge said they could find nothing wrong. It just did it again today and I will take it up there and have them look at it again but thought I would post to see if anyone else may have had a similar incident. It is the SXT model 4x4 6 speed manual transmission.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:19 AM
rogerdoger
Professional
Default RE: Anyone have this problem yet?

nothing like that... i have had them look at quite a few things..... locks, throtle body, plastic strip on outside of doors, and squeaky defrost when on high

they fixed all.... im not too upset, its a brand new vehicle (1st year)

but still kinda upsets me I pay good money and what do ya get......

Old 04-11-2007, 12:26 PM
cincitirob

Well they said they found the problem, a pinched wire under the carpet. Since it is such a intermediate problem, we will keep a eye on it and report back here if it happens again or if we have anyother problems. Nice to know there is a place to go to find out information from other consumers.

Old 05-14-2007, 03:35 PM
soccermom47

About 2 weeks ago I was driving down the highway when all of my indicator lights came on and my engine seemed to stall for a split second, then corrected itself. It was the strangest thing. Took it to the dealer and they said there were 2 damaged wires by my fuse block and they replaced them. Now I have some type of fluid leak so I have to take it back tomorrow. This will be my third trip to the dealer since I bought my Nitro on March 19, 2007. The first time was for a few minor cosmetic factory flaws. I sure hope 3rd time is a charm and I am done with the place for a while.

Old 05-15-2007, 02:05 PM
blknitro

that stalling - that is what mine seems to do while im on the highway, but then it kicks into gear. I have read on my post, and i still am thinking when i get the oil changed, i am going to have to mention this and see if they can find anything at all.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:52 PM
blknitro

the EXACT thingactually happened to me yesterday on the highway, all the lights on the dashboard came on, and the car seemed to go in neutral, then all the lights went off and then the engine kicked back in. i am making an appontment and taking these posts with me to let them know that there has been issues like this. This is the second thing that i have noticed with my Nitro. I sure hope they can fix these issues.

Old 07-01-2007, 01:16 PM
cincitirob

So far so good. Have not had this problem or any others since they fixed that shorting wire. Glad to see my post may have helped a few others also.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:33 AM
Mullins

There is a recall for Nitros built before a certain date to reflash the TIPM to prevent that stalling. call your dealer with your VIN to see if it is involved in the recall.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:16 PM
bambammer

ORIGINAL: Mullins

There is a recall for Nitros built before a certain date to reflash the TIPM to prevent that stalling. call your dealer with your VIN to see if it is involved in the recall.
My local dealer is about a mile away. I'll have to go by and find out if our Nitro is involved in the recall. We got it used last Monday.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:52 PM
watchdog30

i had the same problems with the electrical. it's a cpu problem and the dealer fixed it. mine accually stalled and wouldn't start. had to get it towed. but hasn't happened since and got it fixed in november. other then that the suv has been great.

Quick Reply: Anyone have this problem yet?