Dodge Nitro The Dodge Nitro is a sporty mid size SUV that bound to turn heads where ever it roams. The Dodge Nitro is one fun ride!

2007 Dodge Nitro 3.7

Old 02-10-2017, 01:49 PM
dirt084
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2007 Dodge Nitro 3.7

I work on cars in my spare time to try to help people out around me. I'm not expert by any means and I have worked on very few Dodges. With that said, my neighbor has an 07 nitro and it was having issues staying started and it sounded like it was misfiring. So I checked to make sure the intake butterfly was working properly and the fuel press were good. Next I checked the plugs and noticed one of them kept getting over saturated. I come to find out one of the rockers had fallen off because of a stuck valve. Looked into and apparently a few people have this problem on the 3.7's. What was holding the valve open was a small chunk of piston. The bad thing is there was also a sizeable hole in the cylinder wall (WTH!). So the thing needs a new engine. All of the other components seem to be good so my question is... Can I put an older engine, say an 04 into this thing and just transfer the electrical components like the electronic butterfly, because what I'm seeing at the scrap yard that the newer 3.7's go fast but the older ones I can find all day. They look relatively the same except for the intake butterfly.

TL;DR: Wondering if I can put an 04 block in an 07 nitro and just transfer things like heads and throttle etc.

Search this Thread