Dodge Nitro The Dodge Nitro is a sporty mid size SUV that bound to turn heads where ever it roams. The Dodge Nitro is one fun ride!

2008 Nitro R/T Key/Ignition/ECM issue.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 07:20 PM
olafson1393
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Nitro R/T Key/Ignition/ECM issue.

Hi guys, new to the forum but I've had my Nitro for around 3 years. That should be a pat on the back to everyone around here who've created the threads that have already solved all of my previous problems!

Anyhow, this past week I've encountered an issue for which there seems to be no definite direction so far, at least one that I've been successful in finding.

I dropped my key from about 15 feet onto a concrete walkway - it broke. I had a few spare keys from other Nitro's that I've used for parts in the past so I ended up swapping out the battery holding plate with another key because the one from mine had a few plastic pieces missing that helped to hold the battery in place. (This was the first potential issue).

Anyways, I got the key completely back together and the next morning when I tried to start the vehicle I was rejected. The dashboard lit up and the vehicle started with a slight initial delay - ran for about two seconds and then stalled. After playing around with the key and finally now getting it back to all of the original parts we're still having the same issue. However, the vehicle will start with the remote start, and then run and drive if you insert the key to the ignition afterwards and turn to the run position.

After unplugging both battery terminals for about a minute, we've lost that ability - now as soon as the vehicle is put into gear, it stalls.

Anything, anything at all would be very helpful!

Thanks!