Dodge Nitro The Dodge Nitro is a sporty mid size SUV that bound to turn heads where ever it roams. The Dodge Nitro is one fun ride!

Dodge Nitro Uk spec TPMS issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 08:45 AM
Floyd07
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Nitro Uk spec TPMS issue

Hi Folks
My Nitro 2.8d Auto has had new aftermarket TPMS fitted locally - these were the pre programmed ones which are sold across in the UK
The issue is the auto learning isnt picking up a sensor on the N/S Rear - others are perfect. The telltale light on dash is blinking then after about 75 secs it disappears but just -- where data should be read for the sensor on n/s rear

ive rotated wheels to see if fault followed to front of Nitro but no it still shows as no data on rear n/s
ive disconnected battery and when i connected again temporarily it showed all 4 corners data on dash but then reverted back to showing 3

about 500 miles completed and every 10 miles or so the telltale clinking symbol on dash occurs for 60 secs then disappears

can any of you guys suggest anything for me- the company who supplied the TPMS reckons its a coding issue on the WCM or a BCM not picking up signal

i understand the Nitro has 3 BCM located and uses a process of elimination to locate the 4th reading (poss the N/S REAR?)

if it comes to it i will need an auto electrician to use his diagnostics but rather not if gonna be costly

oh by the way MOT due in a month so dont want the dreaded MOT failure for TPMS issues

thanks
Mark

Quick Reply: Dodge Nitro Uk spec TPMS issue