DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-ram-diesel-tech-88/)
-   -   Stage 3 Injectors ?? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-ram-diesel-tech/125998-stage-3-injectors.html)

blondeguy08 09-24-2007 10:20 AM

Stage 3 Injectors ??

Will these work with a stock fuel pump? Will any injector tips work with a stock fuel pump? I have a 4" exhaust and a Bully Dog Torque Dog.... Upgrading Air intake soon but not sure which one I want.... Or will i for sure need a lift pump... I dont do any serious racing..... i pull trailors occasionally.... I just want to smoke people at a red light........ :) Thanks!

http://www.thoroughbreddiesel.com/ed...or-nozzles.htm

FroneDaddy 09-24-2007 12:01 PM

RE: Stage 3 Injectors ??

You should just get a chip, you can turn them off and use sparingly, injectors, I believe cost more and you can't turn them off. Also, I may be wrong but if you have injectors and get on the skinny pedal you could run the rail dry.

steve05ram360 09-24-2007 12:09 PM

I think you'd have to be modded more to get the most out of the 100 hp injectors... your link didnt work for me so IDK what you had there. 40~50 hp would work fine. however a good downloader or box will get you that for now. Doesnt your torque dog work well enough?... I'd go with an intake kit next.

jakebrake 09-24-2007 03:51 PM

If you go with the 30-50 horse range you'll see an improvement in fuel economy. If you go any bigger then that, then it'll drop.

steve05ram360 09-24-2007 04:03 PM

I'll never understand how 30~50 hp injectors will bump your mpg...[&:] it would seem to me that more fuel = lower mpg.

blondeguy08 09-24-2007 06:38 PM

alright thanks! I want to spend less money and do better than my friend who has a 6speed 2001 dually....... hes gettin a edge juice with att. and stage 3 injectors (stock fuel pump) stock air box and a 5" straight pipe. I see no reason for a edge juice with att. unless he decides to spend some serious money on other stuff.... So i think ill be happy with my bully dog for now atleast.. whats the best air intake? why wont just a donaldson replacement filter do as good and a homemade heat shield?

GFB 09-24-2007 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: steve05ram360

I'll never understand how 30~50 hp injectors will bump your mpg...[&:] it would seem to me that more fuel = lower mpg.
I wouldn't understand how any injectors would hurt your mpg unless they had a poor spray and were inefficient. Say it takes 95 hp to go 55mpg. It always will take X amount of fuel to produce 95 hp, and the injectors will deliver only enough to fuel to make 95 hp, or you back off the go pedal. Make sense? If the injectors are large enough that they produce excessive smoke on acceleration then, yeah it might make a slight drop in overall mpg but cruising mileage would be the same.

BLACK CLOUD 09-24-2007 07:52 PM

ORIGINAL: steve05ram360

Hear is the way I look at it. More power = less throttle to go the same speed. witch in turn = better fule econ. As long as the injectors have a good spray pattern and are working efficiently.

jakebrake 09-24-2007 09:41 PM

The smaller injectors atomize the fuel better than stokers. The larger injectors have bigger deliverey holes so they can get more fuel into the cylinder, but they don't atomize that fuel as good.

steve05ram360 09-24-2007 09:45 PM

ORIGINAL: jakebrake

The smaller injectors atomize the fuel better than stokers. The larger injectors have bigger deliverey holes so they can get more fuel into the cylinder, but they don't atomize that fuel as good.
now that makes sense... the other answers... well, if it takes x amount of fuel to do 70 mph, your still going to get the same amount of fuel to do the same speed... Jakes answer makes alot of sense. So that's why the 40 ~50 hp injectors do better than the bigger ones on fuel.