Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Think I'm Loosing an Injector Again!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008 | 11:27 PM
NickBeek
|
Record Breaker
Default Think I'm Loosing an Injector Again!

Well first I thought I got a tank of crappy fuel from a station that usually has good fuel, then I thought maybe just too many short trips over the holidays. I ran through the usual steps the additives and running it hard. This morning I was all ready to take a video clip of the shaky noisy bitch when I cranked her up. I opened the hood and then went in the truck let the grid heaters do their thing and then cranked her up. She came to life and purred like a kitten. All day she ran great. Tonight at my last call I cranked here up and she's back to the shakin.Up tilltonight after it ran for a couple of minutes and warmed up it had been getting better, tonight when it acted up again I drove home on the interstate for about 43 miles and when I got to the exit ramp it was stilling missing at idle.[:@]I guess an early morning trip to the dealer is gonna be in order tomorrow.

Old 01-15-2008 | 11:44 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned
Default RE: Think I'm Loosing an Injector Again!

Nick

use the warranty. keep us up to date please.

Old 01-16-2008 | 01:41 AM
i11m10c2
Veteran

hey if they use the typical (chrysler water in fuel get out of waranty free card!) tell them you didnt get a water in fuel light so either the lamp is out or the sensor in the filter is bad . Either way that is defective equipment that led to the injector falure so then it is chryslers problem [:@]

I keep hearing the sameold crap from people at dealers and on other boards about water contamination .well my water in the fuel light has never come on and i dont know of anyone with water contamination who has had the light come on. Does the damb thing work?

What this is comeing down to is ULSD which is crap and holds water like you would not believe,dealer told me all diesel meets ASDM standards and you dont need aditive. Bullsh#t i know alot of people that are having problems with generators trucks tracktors just about anything running on diesel. ok done ranting for now![&o]

ust tired of the averaje joe geting screwed by these unscrupulus dealers and cheap *** dodge

Old 01-16-2008 | 07:40 AM
Drew
Professional

do you by chance have your chip plugged in???

I would check a few connectors and make sure they are tight, Crank, Cam, MAP, IAT, injector harness, FCA, rail pressure.

I had an issue like yours with my TST, some electronics cleaner sprayed into the connectors to clean them out good may help.

Old 01-16-2008 | 08:55 AM
triton
Record Breaker

Nick, if you ask me... you need some aftermarket parts on that truck. You've given the stock stuff a chance and it keeps letting you down. With the down time, time to go to the dealer and the contant returns to the dealer, I'd say you'd have better luck with some sweet Flux injectors and several other things ;-)

Old 01-16-2008 | 10:12 PM
NickBeek
|
Record Breaker

Ok, fired her up this morning and she ran good for a few minutes and then started acting up again. I took off driving and she cleared up and ran like glass ALL day long. If it doesn't exibit the problem while I'm at the dealer they can't find it.

Drew, I by passed the chip a couple days ago, and then this morning I removed it completely before I cranked her for the first time. I only tap into MAP and RP and it has not exibited any of those symptoms. Removing it completely didn't change anything.

Ty, I would love to do some injectors, a lift pump and a FREEKIN 2 micron fuel filter, but I can't evenafford to pay attention right now and it don't look like it's gonna get better for a while.

BTW, my dealer doesn't do me like that. The tech told me the other day that injectors are off restriction now which means they don't have to get pre-aproved by Chryslerto replace them any more. He said c'mon down I'll replace all 6 for ya. If it continuesacting upI may take him up on doin all 6.

Old 01-16-2008 | 10:20 PM
Drew
Professional

go for it. . .and see if he can get ahold of some KAX injectors. . .the part numbers are the same

Old 01-16-2008 | 10:25 PM
NickBeek
|
Record Breaker

What is a KAX injector?

Old 01-17-2008 | 06:57 AM
Drew
Professional

http://www.kaxmotorsports.com/products.html

Quick Reply: Think I'm Loosing an Injector Again!