Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

New Lift installed and I am Pissed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 01:06 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Lift installed and I am Pissed!!!

Well I dropped it off first thing this morning and called for a rental car to come pick me up.
I showed them the mistakes and the tech that did the install was trying to tell me thats the way it is supose to be. I told him to go get me a grease gun, he did. Then I told him to grease the control arms in all 8 places. Well he could only reach 2 of them then hequietly walked away. Then they tried to tell me that the tranny drop bracket was for a manual tranny only. I brought the instuction manual with me and showed them the instuctions to install a bracket called the "Automatic Transmission Drop Bracket"
About this time the Owner shows up and thanks me for schooling them on proper install of this kit. Tells me how sorry he is and it will all be corrected. Then in talking to him I realised that they sell and have installed many of the same Superlift kits. So this means they have never installed that bracket on any truck!!
I'll know more when I pick it up this afternoon.
I don't know if I mentioned it in my forst post but I also went and picked up the wheels and tires yesterday. While on the way there in my wifes Chevy Trailblazer, I somehow lost the cotter pin and lost the trailer. Needless to say, thanks god for "Safety chains" but the bumper on the Trailblazer got beat up pretty good.
I mentioned also about having the wrong lug nuts last night. Well I stopped and bought a set of Gorilla Locks to the tune of $90 this morning and had the wheels installed. As soon as I hit 20 mph with the new wheels, the steering wheel starts shaking then again at 40 then 60 mph. I either have bent wheels (not likely) or a bad balance.
So by the time I dropped it off this morning I felt like I was driving a 1980 jacked up Chevy rattleing bucket of turds and bolts.
I am not the happiest camper in the world right now!!! And this has really taken an unexpected toll on my wallet!!

Old 02-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Did you have to drive your truck over to the lift shop or did they tow it for you?

Did your ole lady cream you for bashing up her truck, or is she now hounding you for a new truck?

Do you really have the confidence in this shop to get it right this time after so many screw ups? I can't believe you didn't stay with the truck and oversee every step in the process this time. Sounds like they hafta drop the whole thing and start over again.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:38 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

Dude I am at my wits end with this whole thing. All in all I have shelled out about $1600 between the install, lost time from work, rent car, tools, lug nuts, ect.
If I could afford to miss work again I would have stayed and watched.
As for the wifes truck? Yeah she is pissed but at least she was riding with me when it happened so she knows how it happened. And she's not too happy about all the money spent in the last few days either!!

Old 02-19-2008, 03:59 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Damn buzzy. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Mayfair
Legend

There ... does that make you feel better?

Old 02-19-2008, 06:16 PM
UpBranchLiner

Whats the word Buzzy? Everything turn out good?

Old 02-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Redram05baby

Man I Am Sorry Buzzy, That Really Really Sucks. Sucks You Have The Lady Beating You Up Too.. I Feel For You Man, I Have Been There Before. Good Luck Man.

Make Sure You Drill Them On The Extra $$$'s Spent Because of All This. I Hope They Repay You In One Way or Another. Maybe A Hooker? Cause' I Am Sure With The Way The Ball and Chain Is Right Now, Your Not Gettin' Any..

Old 02-19-2008, 09:00 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

LMAO......Naw man she's not that pissed. She is more pissed at all th BS we are going thru than anything else.
Well I picked the truck up and the vibration seems to be gone, up to 50 mph anyway. I'll no more when I kick it up to highway speeds tommorow morning.
I must have gotten 5 phone calls from the owner today keeping me updated on the truck. He was kissing my *** pretty good and offered to pick up the tab on the rent car (Truck). They even re-balanced the tires that I didn't even buy from them.

Two things are still screwed up though and once again I didn't check it out good till I got home. All the control arms are still positioned wrong and can not be greased without 12" long rubber fingers!! He did flip one of them around but that was what I didn't want. Superlift controle arms have a big metal identification plate welded on them, they should be faceing towards the inside not facing out. The passenger side faces out and the driver side faces in?? And you still can't get a grease gun on it.
The second thing is the steering wheel looks like I am making a left hand turn the whole time I am driving. It's about 10 to 15 degrees off to the left while on a flat road.

It looks like they corrected the pinion angle to within tolerance but I don't trust the caster alignment, I will have another shop check the alignment again.

Other than that it seems to drive ok. It's alot more harsh of a ride now, takes longer to stop and is still loud in the cab at 50+mph. It's almost like the exhaust is louder now. Not a good loud but an annoying loud.
I miss my smooth riding truck now but it is nice sitting up a little higher. I am going to have to drive it for a while and get use to it I guess. Also , I'm not sure how I like the Black wheels. I think they are going to have to grow on me as well.
It will be the weekend before I can get some pictures up, it starts raining again tommorow and it's dark when I get home.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:07 PM
beachmstr

sorry to hear the problems. thats one of those things with a lifted truck. i have found it costs a lot of money to keep your ride the same as it we prior to the lift. just my two cents.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:48 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned

I feel your pain with the ride quality, but I like it. Shi**y deal about the run-around though. I'd love to see some pics of the drivelines when they're in the correct position. I have a sneaking suspition that BOTH of mine are off...

Quick Reply: New Lift installed and I am Pissed!!!