Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Are you using Geno's Muffler Elimination Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009 | 10:14 PM
GaDually
|
Default Are you using Geno's Muffler Elimination Kit?

I think for now I'm going to leave my Cat in place and delete the muffler. I use my truck to travel & pull a 5th wheel. From what I have found out deleting the Muffler and leaving the Cat I should not get the drone sound when pulling.
Is anyone running the stock exhaust with the Cat still installed and using the Geno's muffler elimination kit?
If so can you give details about the:
Installation? Sound? Performance? Exhaust Temps?
If you have suggestions for another muffler elimination kit I sure would like to hear about it.....Thanks

Old 01-11-2009 | 06:20 PM
Bass Hunter
Veteran

Another bennefit to leaving the cat is you don't loose as much of your low end power. I haven't used the Geno's kit, but a piece of pipe is a piece of pipe, any muffler shop that can handle 4 inch pipe could do this for you. I find no muffler alittle to loud for my taste so I went with a flow through muffler.

Old 01-11-2009 | 08:13 PM
GaDually
|

Originally Posted by Bass Hunter
Another bennefit to leaving the cat is you don't loose as much of your low end power. I haven't used the Geno's kit, but a piece of pipe is a piece of pipe, any muffler shop that can handle 4 inch pipe could do this for you. I find no muffler alittle to loud for my taste so I went with a flow through muffler.
I read about loosing the low end power that's why I decided to leave the cat on. I figure for around $75.00 I can try it and see how I like it. Compare to what the muffler shops want to do it. If it's to load then I'll look into a full flow muffler of some kind.

Old 01-11-2009 | 09:47 PM
scatpack_69
All Star

You dont lose any low end power. Doesnt happen. Guys that say they do are, in my opinion, full of it. If, IF, you did, the loss would be so minimal that 99.999999% of people couldnt tell the difference...

Ive straight piped my fair share of Dodges, and the only noticeable change is in the upper RPM range. And noise obviously. NEVER lost any power. If you did, Dodge would have a cat factory on the 03-04.5 trucks, just for bragging rights...

Quick Reply: Are you using Geno's Muffler Elimination Kit?