DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-ram-diesel-tech-88/)
-   -   2005 Dodge ram 3500 Wont start.. (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-ram-diesel-tech/285539-2005-dodge-ram-3500-wont-start.html)

Hendogg 03-28-2011 08:54 AM

2005 Dodge ram 3500 Wont start..

Ok i bout a 2005 dodge ram 3500 4 door dully with the big bad 5.9 cummins with a 6 spd.. it would run and drive when we bought it, but was wrecked in the front and and work got bissy and i did not have time to fix right a way and it sit out in the back yard for about a yr with out me messing with it. And work slowed down and i got the parts to fix it. And went out to start it and it would not start and razed the hood and some jack a$$ took the #4 injector line, and the crank sensor off of the truck. So i bought a new line, and sensor and put it on. And the truck still would not start so we put a new fuel filter on it as well and still no start and run. Had a guy come and look at it and he said that the Injector pump wasn't putting out enough PSI so we bought a new one and put it on the truck.. That was a good 1100.00.. And still no start and run.. But i can put some gas on a rag and hold it over the air inlet and it will start and i can keep it running for about 3 to 5 min, and then it just dies and will not start back even with the gas on a rag trick just hit and try to start.. i am only getting 1 code.. And it is P0148 And i was getting that code before we put the new Pump on it.. Any and all help would be grate..

Thanks..
Ray:(:(:(:(

weedahoe 03-28-2011 09:24 AM

Im going to move this over to the CTD section for more help. Good luck and welcome to the site

Hendogg 03-30-2011 04:33 AM

Why did you move this over to the CTD section?? There is never any body on it... And since you have done this it takes me like 45 mins to get to it to see if anyone's looked at it or posted to it.. You just suck...

98Dakota 03-30-2011 04:59 PM

guess i am no one and not really here..LOL

98Dakota 03-30-2011 05:46 PM

nobody would make sure the liftpump was working properly and check fuel pressure to start..

akguy09 03-30-2011 07:29 PM

air

air in the fuel lines, or in the injector pump. crack an injector line and try to bleed the air

nibroc 03-31-2011 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by akguy09 (Post 2464078)
air in the fuel lines, or in the injector pump. crack an injector line and try to bleed the air

what him said!!!!!

Hendogg 03-31-2011 12:11 PM

Done all 6 Lines when we put the lift pump on and again when we put the new cp3 pump on it.. Getting fuel to all 6 injectors..

hiperf2007 04-03-2011 12:08 AM

good guess here

I'm going to guess they took something else. If you are getting fuel to the injectors, they are not firing for some reason. I'm going to guess the ECM is not telling them to fire because you are missing a crank sensor?

Let us know what you find.

Hendogg 04-04-2011 02:53 AM

Well we put a new crank sensor and cam sensor in it about a week ago. Kaz it had a code that said that one of them was bad.. And there only about 30 buck each.. But the one code is low rail PSI.. I'm starting to think that it has an Injector stuck open.. When i talked with a dodge teak the other day he said that if it had a Injector stuck open that it will not start kaz of no fuel psi kaz the injectors have to have so much psi before they will open.. So im going to try to get it to dodge i guess in the next couple of days..