Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Truck won't turn over

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 05:15 PM
Brian Schaefer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck won't turn over

I have a 2014 Dodge 3500. Yesterday it ran fine, today it won't start. When I push the start button it only clicks once and won't turn over. All of the dash light come on. Does thistsound It'slike a gelling problem or something else? ItsI only 20° here and I forgot to plug in the truck last night, and I used the desiel pump with additives in already in the fuel instead of adding my own. Any help would be much appreciated. I also had the fuel filter changed last week.

Old 01-10-2019, 12:08 PM
cpberry1
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dead battery

Sounds like your battery doesn't like the 20 degree temps. I'd start there. Does not sound like gelling to me.
Patrick

Originally Posted by Brian Schaefer
I have a 2014 Dodge 3500. Yesterday it ran fine, today it won't start. When I push the start button it only clicks once and won't turn over. All of the dash light come on. Does thistsound It'slike a gelling problem or something else? ItsI only 20° here and I forgot to plug in the truck last night, and I used the desiel pump with additives in already in the fuel instead of adding my own. Any help would be much appreciated. I also had the fuel filter changed last week.

Quick Reply: Truck won't turn over