Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

New Fuel Filter = Better Mileage

Old 08-31-2007, 02:51 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Fuel Filter = Better Mileage

that stock airfilter needs to be changed out about every 10K.

and I woldnt go by that restriction gage. . .mine lied, brand new filter and I was able to pull it to the red.

Old 08-31-2007, 03:13 PM
dasnake
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

drew;

i saw your mention of geno's, what about fram filters, we don't have access to a gino's up here in kanada, i was reading the fram site and they appear to be a good replacement filter, i've used them for years on everything else i own.

Old 08-31-2007, 03:41 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont use fram. . .the internals arent as strong as they should be and cave in under the 60psi the oil pump creates. fram filters are good for everything else, and I use them on my little toyota.

Geno's is just a warehouse, hit them up online, they will ship you what you need, may take a little longer due to international shipping. http://www.genosgarage.com

if you need a filter in a pinch, go to napa and find either their gold series, or a Wix filter, they are just as good.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:18 PM
dasnake
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for all the help, my son in law is over right now and he deals with local napa guys and he will order them for me, one last q', i did an oil change at 4000 k and i used penzoil, is this applicable with diesel also, this was the diesel oil, how can you tell this is my first diesel, sixty years old and keep asking q's like a kid.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Fuel Filter = Better Mileage