Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

another programmer question

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 09:21 AM
57ringo
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another programmer question

What programmers work without raising the fuel pressure so high? I was told some do this and it's like holding your power steering all the way over and maxing out your pump all the time...so to speak. I don't like that idea. Had a friend recomend Superchips too. Do they operate that way?

Old 09-01-2007, 10:08 AM
triton
Record Breaker
Default RE: another programmer question

I think you may be talking about " rail pressure " ..... fuel pressure is a good thing. Too much rail pressure can be damaging but, most if not all boxes have fail safes to prevent from going over the max rating of the rail. Your pressure relief valve will blow off at 28K psi. I don't know of any box that will take you that high.

Now, with other mods involved, you can see those kinds of pressure but really only at WOT. Personally, I would reommend a Smarty. It has many softwares to use for a stock truck and claimed to be undetectable by the dealer. It's the only box that makes that claim. If you're still under warranty and you want to keep it, the Smarty is the only way to go.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:40 AM
57ringo
Amateur

I bought this truck from a salvage pool wrecked so there isn't any warranty on it anyway. I really don't want to spend the $ on the Smarty even though all I hear are good things about it. I don't want to stack, just a little pick me up and a little better MPG. I want dependability too.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:04 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

So many options what price range are you looking for? Are you looking for guages built in as well? What are your future plans withtruck and consider once you do your first mod you Will not stop there.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:09 AM
57ringo
Amateur

I want to stay in the 2-4 hundred range and that's all I'm going to do to this truck. It's my farm truck and I have my pulling truck to play with if I want tofeel power. I work on enough stuff the way it is, I don't want to soup this up and tear it up like I see some of the younger guys do.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:13 AM
57ringo
Amateur

Do the superchips increase the rail pressure?

Old 09-01-2007, 01:50 PM
firemansdodge
Professional

ORIGINAL: 57ringo

Do the superchips increase the rail pressure?
SC no pressure,only timing and duration. Your best bet to keep in your price range is the Quad XZT tuner.It gives 65 hp w/ 150 tq. The power is in the low band. It sells for $299 and w/ the Commander Guage (you add hp, you need guages) it's right at the border of your spending. It's like $550 for the complete set. Great customer service and they browse the other CTD for questions. Never heard a bad thing about Quad products. Heres a link. http://www.quadzillapower.com/products/make_dodge.html

Old 09-01-2007, 02:09 PM
57ringo
Amateur

How does the Qaudzilla make power? Rail pressure or timing & duration?

Old 09-01-2007, 04:45 PM
firemansdodge
Professional

ORIGINAL: 57ringo

How does the Qaudzilla make power? Rail pressure or timing & duration?
Timing, pressure and boost. Provides safe levels of pressure. Never heard of anyone losing an injector to the Quad. It tells you on the website I posted above. You can also contact them for any questions/concerns you may have. I will go to it when I get another tuner to help out my low power band w/ the bigger tires on my truck. I don't race or sled pull my truck. Just a little more getty up.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:15 PM
57ringo
Amateur

So the quadzilla gives you more low end torque and power than the Superchip?

Quick Reply: another programmer question