Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

EGT Probe, and Fuel pressure gage questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 02:43 AM
Sereguial
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EGT Probe, and Fuel pressure gage questions

Well, I am finaly getting time to THINK about putting my exhaust brake on, it is a Jacobs E-brake that was designed for a 2004.5+. After a lot of research the only difference from the unavailable (at least according to the dealer...) 2003 brake and the one I got is the brake housing, neck down on 2003 and not on 2004.5+, so I decided to go with the non-necking. Then I got a 2004.5 exhaust system, 5" expandit aluminized exhaust that I may or may not use a muffler on it (comes with a flow through, but more then enough piping to not have to put it in... so if I really hate the straight pipe sound I will put the muffler in).
Anyhow, I already have the EGT probe from the edge on the truck pre-turbo, but I want to put one in post turbo. The Jacobs E-brake already has a spot for it, does anyone know what size it is? Also, where to find just the pyrometer (I am going to install a switch instead of two EGT readouts)?
With all these mods I am thinking it would be very good to heed the warning and install a fuel pressure gage while I am at it, does anyone have any suggestions for where to get that one?
Thank you in advance!

Old 09-03-2007, 10:02 AM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EGT Probe, and Fuel pressure gage questions

I have a PAC brake and the port that is post turbo is 1/4 NPT threads. I don't know what the Jacobs brake has, but 1/4 NPT threads are pretty common for pyrometer probes. There are different ratings for the probes, for instance, mine is a K-Type. So any K-type will work with my gauge. Just find out what type pyrometer you have(you may have to call the manufactorer). Any type of diesel shop should have them and the ones that I have seen are usually around $35.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:35 PM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: EGT Probe, and Fuel pressure gage questions

I'm not sure if 06 is the same but the port for the pyro on my exhaust brake is about 15mm or 5/8I think, I had to use a reducer down to the 1/8 fitting to make it work. The port is on the bottom of the exhaust brake when installed. hope this helps

Quick Reply: EGT Probe, and Fuel pressure gage questions