Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

I got my race box

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 01:21 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got my race box

My Quad race box got here this morning at 9. I took an early lunch and installed it.
I'm not sure what to think about it. I seems like it smokes way less than my Diablo sport. I also dont think I have the same power. I think the race box isnt as good as my diablo. Now I have had it above 40 yet but bottom end seems to be slower.

So Im thinking of stacking with something. what goes good with the race box?

my commander is on the way so I will have gauges soon. I'm just wondering if there is anything else I can do.

I am beginning to think I should have kept my diablo an stacked it with a puck. and got gauges

Old 09-06-2007, 01:33 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: I got my race box

If you're not happy with it, can't you return it? I thought most of this stuff came with a 30 day return policy.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:56 PM
aka_chewy
All Star

I noticed the same thing when I went from the Quad XZT to my TST. The XZT had more bottem end power, the TST is all over 1500rpms.I'm not sure what your looking for, but theXZT might stack nicely with it. All I know is it's crazy the different combos you can do and the different results you will get with them. Because of that, I've decidedto sell both the XZT and the TST to do some "look good" mods. I will figure out the power stuff later.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:02 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

I bought it used Mayfair.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Damn that sucks ...

Old 09-06-2007, 02:36 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

now dont get me wrong. I can tell it makes some power. But I remember putting my diablo on extreme and leaving a wet spot on my seat.
When I put this race box on level 3 I wasnt as excited. But Like I said I havent had it up to 55 or started really fast from a stop. so I may not be disapointed. but from a cruise around the block it didnt seem to be as good as my diablo

Old 09-06-2007, 02:40 PM
aka_chewy
All Star

I'm guessing once you open it up a little bit and let it run through the gears, then you will really notice it. When I first put on the TST and leaving my neighborhood, I thought I got screwed because I didn't notice the low end kick that I did with the Quadzilla XZT box. Once I got on the highway and opened it up, I really noticed it then. Passing was a lot more fun after that.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:52 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

I was really hoping for some low end.
I guess I will have to look into low end alternatives

Old 09-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: aka_chewy

I'm guessing once you open it up a little bit and let it run through the gears, then you will really notice it. When I first put on the TST and leaving my neighborhood, I thought I got screwed because I didn't notice the low end kick that I did with the Quadzilla XZT box. Once I got on the highway and opened it up, I really noticed it then. Passing was a lot more fun after that.
I have the same problem. . .my bottom end realy lacks the kick I want with my tst. . .however passing someone in 6th running 2000+ rpm shure is fun

one thing I can do with my 6spd that cannot be done with the auto is let the clutch slip so the engine can turn 1800+. . .then tire spin becomes a problem no matter which gear your in[8D]

Old 09-06-2007, 04:07 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

well I will do some research on what I can do for bottom end. and then post up. I went to the quad box because I liked the commander and figured it would be easy to hook up. Im sure this box is good I was just thinking the power would come lower than my programmer.

Quick Reply: I got my race box