Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

error codes

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 05:41 PM
dodge2005cummins
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default error codes

I am a new guy on DF and would like to say hello. I have a 2005 Ram 2500 Diesel and have some error codes that just popped up. Any help would be great. The two codes are P0483 fan rotation code and P0243 wastegate solenoid code. These codes just popped up about two days ago.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:53 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: error codes

Moving you to the Dodge Cummins section.....Welcome!!!

Dusty

Old 02-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: error codes

first thing to do would be to head to your local auto parts store. they can usualy clear any codes you have and see if it pops back up, or you can wait 5 full starts to see if the codes go away. no pulling the batteries on these trucks. the only thing that will do is reset your radio programming. if the codes come back they you do have an issue.*

fan clutches are a known issue on these trucks and do go out. however there is another problem that happens that has nothing to do with the fan clutch. it is the wireing harness that grounds out throwing these codes. this is another issue that just about every year has. it is rare, but does happen.

now about the waste gate code. are you developing full boost??? ~30-35psi. or do you have poor performance?? if you are once again this may be an erroneous code, or could be also the product of a wire grounding out.

* I mention having the codes cleared since sometimes the ECM will throw codes here and there as a safety measure when there is not anything wrong. This has happened to me quite a few times where I got a 0336 crank sensor code, come to find out my TST box was loosing power due to a bad ground wire.

hope this helps

Old 07-11-2012, 01:29 AM
Randi-Ellen Moscaluk Seely

we changed the clutch fan and the fan! When the clutch went it sliced the cord in two so all of it was replaced. It put a hole in two rads!!! The truck is an 06. It gets full power but as my husband says "it shakes like a dog crapping razor blades!" So the clutch fan is new the rad is new and it is still coming up with the codes. I will get him to check when he drives it tomorrow to see if he has full power!

Old 07-16-2012, 10:49 AM
hillbilli
Veteran

Your throwing the two codes in the start of the post? p0483 & p0243? Does it only shake and run rough when the A/C is on?

Quick Reply: error codes