Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Diesel engines, Mods and your warranty.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:35 PM
BradyWard
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi guys, new here. i just got an 07 3500 with the 6.7. it has jakes so from what i hear it's not the early 6.7's with the issues. i've been reading a lot about the dpf delete kit, as well as a programmer so you don't get the dreaded check engine light. any words of wisdom or experience out there that could help. i have an extended warranty for 2 yrs, plus dodge has the lifetime warranty that some politician made standard for all exhaust components, so i'm not terribly concerned. just trying to look 5, 10 years down the road, i plan on keepin her for a while! thanks!

Old 08-15-2010, 09:46 PM
roper29

hey guys I need some help!! bad like! I have a 2005,3500 2 wheel drive and I am having trouble with it starting it is like it is not getting fuel. I was in a jam and need to get home sprained some eater i in to the air intake it fired rite up and came home in it ran like a top got home and want start back changed the filters out and a relay in the fuse boxs made sure all the fuel lines ware snug and still want start does anyone have any ideas what it could be I have a feeling it is the injection pump but want to check everything before I fork out 1200 on one

Old 12-27-2010, 01:07 AM
solsticeintl
Default 6.7 or 5.9

I am a previous owner of a f250 6.0 and 7.3 the latter was awesome. now I want a megacab because of the space which is the better deal a 5.9 or a 6.7 which would have the least amount of problems, which has a better tranny people say that's dodge weak point and does a dpf elimination kit really work?
on a 2006 or 2007 since most of the 2006 and 2007 most have 100k + miles what are the main ponts to look for and avoid or what is the common problems? If i don't find a good 2006 or 2007 is the 2011 that much better than a 2007 6.7

Old 02-07-2012, 06:44 AM
ironhorse1903

Originally Posted by bpmills
does switching over to synsethic oil void the warranty????
Thanks, Burt
Vehicle Warranty and AMSOIL
Answer: Using AMSOIL synthetic motor oil has no affect on vehicle warranties. A federal law called the Magnuson-Moss Act (1975) prevents original equipment manufacturers from putting conditions on vehicle warranties attached to any product or service identified by brand, trade or corporate name, unless the manufacturer provides that product or service free of charge. This means consumers have the freedom to use aftermarket products of their choice without fear of losing the original limited or implied vehicle warranty. For additional information, contact the AMSOIL Technical Department at (715) 399-TECH (8324) or tech@amsoil.com.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:51 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ironhorse1903
Vehicle Warranty and AMSOIL
Answer: Using AMSOIL synthetic motor oil has no affect on vehicle warranties. A federal law called the Magnuson-Moss Act (1975) prevents original equipment manufacturers from putting conditions on vehicle warranties attached to any product or service identified by brand, trade or corporate name, unless the manufacturer provides that product or service free of charge. This means consumers have the freedom to use aftermarket products of their choice without fear of losing the original limited or implied vehicle warranty. For additional information, contact the AMSOIL Technical Department at (715) 399-TECH (8324) or tech@amsoil.com.

What the AMSOIL propaganda doesn't say is that the Magnusson Moss act does NOT protect you if you use an oil that does not meet the requirements set forth by the manufacturer. If the manufacturer requires you to use an oil meeting specific criteria and specifications, and you use a different oil that does not meet that same criteria, it may be on you.

Same thing as using an oil filter that doesn't meet Cummins' criteria - if you use a filter that has neoprene in it, they WILL NOT cover your engine if it failed due to clogged oil squirters. There is a TSB from Dodge that details which oil filters are approved - the use of other filters may not cause you any harm, but it may destroy your engine. The Magnusson Moss act won't protect you if you use one of the non-approved filters.

Old 07-13-2012, 02:59 PM
coloradojim

07.5 in shop yesterday for a P2563 Turbo Position. Dealer was definitely very curious about Digital “Edge” Gauge. Asked a bunch of questions, but in the end, they drilled, tapped and cleaned the turbo. With only 6 days left on the emissions warranty – they covered it all – No charge. ( $400-$500)
Let’s see how long that lasts – I know – I’m not holding my breath.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:33 PM
briando

if you need power, then the best dodge for you is always a diesel cummins. c'mon think about it. tractor power in a truck

Old 12-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Gearhead2012

Save yourself some grief, wait until the warranty runs out then go nuts with the mods.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:45 PM
Gearhead2012

When the warranty runs out fill your boots, until then leave it alone and save yourself some grief.

Old 12-13-2016, 04:25 AM
Nenad85

I didn't drive a diesel vehicle, however now I'm considering to buy RAM 1500 with EcoDiesel engine. What scares me is the 3.0-liter V6 engine. Do you think this is enough power for this truck???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Diesel engines, Mods and your warranty.