Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

loss of power for my cummins

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 11:06 PM
daylight4449
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: loss of power for my cummins

all the hoses from the turbo to the intercoolerto the engine are on and tite it's got to be the lift pump. that will have to what a couple week to get thanks everyone.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:40 AM
mopar1973man
Veteran

Here is the daignostics for the lift pump...
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002%2...ift%20pump.htm

MINIMUM PRESSURE REQUIRED 10 PSI

Old 04-18-2008, 12:53 AM
daylight4449

thanks for the info that will be very useful I will try to test the pump this weekend.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:02 PM
ThunderRam

I have the same problem. As soon as I replaced the injector pump I lost 3mpg and power. I still have not found the problem. I had the lift pump replaced with a pump that was mounted on the rail close as possible to the tank.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:32 AM
daylight4449

Hi thunder ram the loss of power is madding the truck was bone stalk when I got it except for the bully dog that was on it. When it went to the dealer I took off the bully dog that was on it. When it came home from the dealer it was bad thenI put it back on and it was driveable. even with the bad pump it had a ton more power, I can't cheap the tires either.I am short a little money write know so I haven't had the chance to buy the fuel pressure gauge to test the lift pump pressure. It sound like it didn't work on your truck. I got to read your thread and I think I'm going to take it to ashop so andi'llgetback to you with the answer. I have to get it done before the next holiday. let me know if you find out anything.

thanks
Matt

Old 05-21-2008, 09:43 AM
ThunderRam

Thanks Matt, Still haven't found the problem. I had the fuel pressure checked and it's fine. I can't believe the lack of power. My 5.9 V8 had more power. You would think having 4.11 gear thats it would pull a hill in OD without shifting down. What's worst is the fuel mileage that dropped too. Junk injector pump I guess.

Old 07-18-2009, 04:11 AM
daylight

we'll here we are two years later and the problem has been fixxed and it was simple one day last week I started messing with the wiring for the injector pump and looked it over didn't see anything wrong so put it back on took the truck for a spin and it ran like a rapped ape the plug wasn't all the way in or one of the wires had a bad conection it runs great and has it's fuel milleage back love my truck.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:46 PM
garrettg84
Rookie

Daylight, just curious, were the RPMs kicking up when you mashed the pedal and you just weren't moving or did the engine not kick up?

I have a similar problem with my truck still, its been going on for some time now. But mine only happens after I go over 50mph. Slowing down to a stop and then accelerating again is like i'm pulling a 30 thousand pound trailer. The rpms are up high and the truck just slowly starts to move.

For me though, i can fix it by turning the truck off then back on again. Strange.

Quick Reply: loss of power for my cummins