Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

P0148 engine died and fuel all over the engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 07:05 PM
SpLaT
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P0148 engine died and fuel all over the engine

NickBeek, good to hear/see your truck is up and running right for ya, just a suggestion here ... with all the crap I went through just as you did, surge, rough idle and so on... I installed GDPs' 2 micron fuel filter kit. She installs between the OEM filter housing and the CP3 pump, after spending large on new injectors, I'm not risking themtodirty fuel... took about 20 mins to install, worth every penny IMHO.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:01 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker
Default RE: P0148 engine died and fuel all over the engine

I have been thinking of that filter set up for a long time now.I am worried that the stock lift pump will not pump through that thing when it gets some dirt in it. I was thinking of getting gauges first so that I could see when the fitler was getting dirty. Haven't got the scratch for the gauges so I'm kinda stuck for the moment. Thanks.

Nick

Old 12-13-2010, 08:54 PM
cfd303
Professional

Originally Posted by NickBeek
David,

Thanks. Since there was fuel all over the place I'm thinking it was an injector line let go. But I think the FCA might play a part here too. It has had an intermittent surge when coasting in cruise control for a while now.

Jake,

It was not a 6.0 and didn't even sound much like a 7.3 I was to distracted to notice which model truck it was. All I know is my truck took up the whole bed and hung over the back slightly, and set the roll back down on her springs some.

Couple of things, it didnt happen alot but when the cruise was set and going down a hill i noticed a surge. Also for the last 3months i could smell fuel yet no one could find it. on Saturday the check engine light came on, and the code is P0148. Could the things im describing above be the same type of thing you had just not as severe.

Could this also be a reason for bad, i mean really bad fuel mileage? 8.5 pulling a 20ft trailer and around 10 or so w/o trailer.

The truck is going into the shop tomorrow, so we will see what they say.

thanks

Quick Reply: P0148 engine died and fuel all over the engine