Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Turning off Seat Belt Chime

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 07:18 PM
behindbars
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Turning off Seat Belt Chime

ORIGINAL: Buford445

I Read, I Tryed, I Failed;;; It reads so simpel ;; with key off insert seatbeld, start truck, wait for seatbelt light to go off unbuckle & rebuckle at least 3 times (withen 10 sec.), all with in 60 sec. of turning key on. after you turn key off a single ding lets you know you have done it right. IT sounds sooo simple!!
Me too. I got mad and ended up splicing the two seatbelt wires together. Works great.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Az2500Cummins08

Tried it 3 times, could not get it to work. Just gonna splice the wires like Chad did.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: handymanherb

That's why I haven't been to the dealer to get my high idle turned on, I sent the card back saying I didn't need it, trucks fine but I don't want it turned on.

I was pulling trees with the truck the other day and it would have been a pain to shut the door every time I got out to switch the strap to another tree
Herb, you can get the high idle turned on and not have the recall for the horn honking done. They have to "flash" the software for the "out of park alarm". But a flash is not required for the high idle. But you might want to insist that they do only the high idle and not the flash. Ask to talk to the tech and make sure that he understands completely. Once the alarm flash is installed, it is not reversible...

Old 05-03-2008, 10:22 PM
handymanherb
Banned

Thanks Jim, I get my list of things I want turned on, I know there was another one or 2 to get done, I think anyway.

But I might try it maybe if I talk to the manager and the tech, and make sure they understand my truck will never be back for service if they do flash it.

I was waiting and hoping I would have to drive up to Ga to do something and swing by your place and have it done, I just wish there where more people at dealerships that would look after you and your truck, like you do at your place.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be glad to turn them on for ya, and its David BTW.....

Old 05-04-2008, 09:28 AM
justviper1
Veteran

i just found the feature to turn off the seat belt chime on our DRB the other day and am glad i did. it is annoying when i drive different Chrysler cars and the seat belt always chimes! i also found the 3 cylinder idle on my truck which i would assume is the high idle feature?

Old 03-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Marx
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Buford445
I Read, I Tryed, I Failed;;; It reads so simpel ;; with key off insert seatbeld, start truck, wait for seatbelt light to go off unbuckle & rebuckle at least 3 times (withen 10 sec.), all with in 60 sec. of turning key on. after you turn key off a single ding lets you know you have done it right. IT sounds sooo simple!!
Did you start the truck? Just turn the key to on with out starting the truck and it should work

Quick Reply: Turning off Seat Belt Chime