Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Smoke switch? anyone know how?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Coal Train
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moconst
Will It do well with the edge box?
Yes, it will.

The Edge fuels pretty aggressively on the higher settings. It has a lot of timing and duration.

Just watch your EGT's. The Edge already runs hot.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:37 AM
FroneDaddy
Captain

I did it on a stock motor. Although it was easy, it was not worth it. I removed the switch, got tired of bumping it and getting a CEL.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:32 PM
cumminsboys89
Default smoke switch anybody know how

i have a 06 5.9 cummins superchip cortex 5" exhaust banks air intake i need to know how tp put a smoke switch in what wires the videos i have found are not worth a crap any ideas

Old 01-27-2010, 07:23 PM
dennhop

One note on smoke switches with the programmers/boxes...I had one on my 01, with an Edge Comp, and after a while, the smoke switch almost fried my Edge and ECM, so might want to think about that before installing smoke switches. I took it out of commission as soon as that happened...just my 2 cents.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Dieseljunkie
Amateur

Here is my honest question.. Why would anyone want a "smoke switch"? I just see it as a waste of fuel.. all that black smoke is fuel that did not get used, correct? Seems wasteful, and could be somewhat expensive. Maybe I just don't get it?

Old 01-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Coal Train
All Star

Two words.....HONDA CIVIC's.

I don't need a smoke switch to do it, but if a Civic with a fart pipe pulls up behind me, day is turning into night.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:08 PM
tski

Coal train is right.... and its so great!

Old 02-04-2010, 01:01 PM
hottrodder67
Professional

I have a 06 ctd with a auto tranny. I have the edge/juice with the attitude. go under the settings look for fuel out put. Go up to most fuel possible. But I'm telling you now this will cause a major amount of smoke to come out. By careful law enforcement in my area like to stop guys like me for that ship. also beware that this will add massive amounts of power so be careful of your tranny. Mine only lasted about 6 months of this hard abuse. also try to stay at a low speed when your truck is in 4th gear then slowly put the gas down....your truck will be a coal train.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Bauser72

ok, well I have an '01 (made in 9/2000) 3500, 2wd, single cab, 5 spd man, with an superchips D-BOX (which, from what I can tell, is the same exact box as the Edge EZ??) I want to install a switch just for those civics and S**t pile rice burners. I dont entend on using it a hole lot.. just "on", smoke em out, then back "off". I saw a video that says to connect the "A" terminal, and the "C" terminal on the map sensor.. I have the Quick connects, the wire, and the switch... I'm just taking alot of caution, so any input or advice or change of instruction would go along way.
Thanks in advance

Old 10-18-2012, 05:47 PM
czoetewey

I've got a 99 24v with 3.5" down pipe 5" straight. K&n Cold air intake.built auto tranny and edge juice w/ attitude.it puts out smoke but not as much as a want. What else can I do without spend a bunch of money

Quick Reply: Smoke switch? anyone know how?