Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Computer question...Reset

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 12:30 AM
High_On_Diesel
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Computer question...Reset

Ok...have a 06 2500 4x4 QC. Takin it in to the stealership Monday. Have a Triple Dog on it. If I uninstall, then pull my battery cables to reset the ECU, then drive it a bit will this reset all the parameters in the ECU? Just trying to make it less obvious that I have had a programmer. I know the Bullydog is one of the worst ones on leaving a 'footprint'. Any help on how to get it cleared up would be great! Thanks guys!

Old 03-15-2009, 09:30 AM
Coal Train
All Star

There are a few neat little thing that you can do with the StarScan.....

You can see how long it's been since the codes were cleared, both time and miles.

AND, you can see how long (again, time and miles) that it's been since the ECM was flashed.

You can also see max boost achieved, max speed achieved, etc. There are a lot of things that can give it away.

On mine, for example, the most it shows for Load % is 60%. It nevers shows higher than that. That's another giveaway.

If the guy isn't looking for it, you might be okay, but yes Bully Dog does leave some nasty traces. The worst one is the key counter, which is a dead giveway.

Hopefully, they don't look too deep, but.....

What's it going in for?

Old 03-15-2009, 10:48 AM
High_On_Diesel
Professional

Well I have 63k on it right now. At 54k I had a NEW engine installed at Dodge. Had some nasty blow-by. Cylinder walls were scored somethin mean. The guy who owned the truck before me didnt have a good maint schedule. The ATAAC was full of dust and washed out the engine. Problem is, they didnt clean out the intercooler porperly at DODGE, and I am statrting to have the same symptoms yet again. This is frustrating as hell. We pulled the boots back and had dust fall out of the cooler.... So here we go maybe for a 3rd engine!?!?!?!? Anyways, jus dont want them shootin me down with some bs...

Old 03-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Coal Train
All Star

I have a feeling they may dig a bit if it comes to replacing another engine.

I mean, obviously, I can't say for certain, but usually when it comes to something like that, either a Dodge or Cummins rep comes to take a look.

Being that it's outside the Dodge warranty period on the engine, I'm not sure if Cummins would send someone or not.

Just be prepared for someone to ask questions.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:39 AM
High_On_Diesel
Professional

Yessir....the last guy who replaced the engine is a pretty jam up guy....Big Cummins guy himself. Friend of a friend actually. Jus dont want no bs when it comes to the wire. Thanks Coal for the words of advice.

Quick Reply: Computer question...Reset