Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Dashboard Removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 07:51 PM
mblanco2000
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dashboard Removal

I need to get behind the dash in the area of the A/C Controls. I took off the piece that goes under the steering column to get a better look. I then removed the piece just below the cup holder, it was all snaps that popped out. I figured I needed to start pulling stuff off from the bottom and working my way up to the A/C, but I am having hell getting out the cup holder, lol. Does anyone have a better method they could share on how to get behind the A/C panel area???

Can someone please help me out here? I would not think it would be all that hard. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Quig19
Rookie

on my 06 U just pull the radio bezel out along with the a/c controls.... it is held in by plastic clips... Do u have the cup holders that fold into the center below the radio and a/c controls??

Old 04-26-2009, 08:34 PM
mblanco2000
Professional

Yes I have the cup holders that fold up below the A/C controls. I just figured out how to get the cup holders out. There were two screws at the bottom, and then there were two more screws that were behind the panel when the cup holder was open that had to be removed. Now I am trying to figure out the next piece I need to remove after the cup holder. It is giving me fits.

Quig: What piece are you calling the radio bezel?

Old 04-27-2009, 07:37 AM
mblanco2000
Professional

The radio bezel is the piece that goes around the radio, the AC controls and has the cig lighter in it as well. That whole piece pops out, no screws. I used a screw driver to pry it out. Started from the top above the radio. Here is a diagram:

http://documents.victorytechnologies...oduct/8567.pdf

Old 06-11-2009, 10:13 PM
cirrus9
Default 2006 dashboard

Whoa.... before you go prying the radio bezel out, please note that there are two screws underneath the bezel/above the cup holders that you just took out. Hopefully you didn't crack your bezel yanking on it.

Quick Reply: Dashboard Removal