Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Transmission Problemmo

Old 09-07-2009, 12:04 PM
belizeanbullet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Problemmo

Hey guys, i posted initially in the 2nd gen area but i was told here was better since i have a diesel truck

first off, the truck is a 2001 dodge ram 2500 cummins diesel, AUTO, pretty much stock, and used for hauling stuff. with that said, im a big fan of forums, i am a member of a bmw forum and a jeep forum and i must say, i rather diy work rather than mechanics.

So the problem that i am having now is my transmission. It sees that it is taking excessively long to gear up and i find myself having to manually change the gears on it in order not to strain the engine and/or transmission. Can you guys shed some light or advice as to where i can get started. I know i have to change a couple sensors Im aware ive changed one, but the problem persists.

Last question is: for bmw guys, we have sites where u can get diagrams of virutally any part of the car, allowing you to see part numbers and such, makign things much easier. Is there such a site for dodge rams?

Thanks much for readin, much appreciated

Old 09-08-2009, 04:49 PM
belizeanbullet

so no tips?? shux

Old 09-25-2009, 11:53 PM
grazmo85

steve05ram360 has a link that you can download the service manual for your truck I downloaded it but I can't get it work to send it to you

Old 10-26-2009, 12:13 PM
wa.alldiesel

try http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/index.php they have some good stuff and people that know where

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Transmission Problemmo