Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Fuel Problem?? '05 3500 Dodge Cummins 5.9L Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 09:02 PM
Jmn1957
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coal train can you please help...

Old 06-18-2015, 09:05 PM
Jmn1957

Did you ever find out what was the problem I had the same thing and I replaced all 6 injectors and now it is smoking bad and diesel fuel coming out tail pipe

Old 07-22-2015, 03:42 PM
dkomloske2

hey guys i am having a similar problem but my truck smokes thick raw fuel non stop at idle but on the highway it will roll coal and perform just fine. ran an injector kill test today and all the injectors are fine, wondering if it is the rail pressure regulator or possibly the cp3. Any help would be awesome! i can email some pics and vids of it running the kill test and normal too.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:29 PM
thays2014

My truck was running great. My cascade overflow valve seat started leaking by causing a delayed start. I accidentally broke the pressure sensor on the fuel rail while replacing the valve... now the truck is in "power loss mode" and after letting off the throttle and/or shifting gears it puffs out white smoke. I hope this is because the computer has no pressure indication and therefore doesn't know what to tell the fuel pressure "regulator" to do... hmm.. any input? hopefully when I get the new sensor in (hopefully today) everything will be gravy

Old 07-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Ryan Morris
Default nobody can figure this out

Iv taken this truck to 2 highly recommended big diesel shops.clueless results,anyway I have 05 3rdgen common rail 5.9 .stock fuel system...for 6 months iv gone threw a fuel filter every two days...20$ a pop. Help. Iv replaced injectors....replaced o-rings an copper washers. Dumped out the tank clean ... Filter keeps on blowen up with oil .or something like it. Looks like oil . how!? . it runs greattt..for 30 mins.then blah. Oiled up an choked out for power .help help help help iv spent a couple thousand

Old 07-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Ryan Morris

Iv taken this truck to 2 highly recommended big diesel shops.clueless results,anyway I have 05 3rdgen common rail 5.9 .stock fuel system...for 6 months iv gone threw a fuel filter every two days...20$ a pop. Help. Iv replaced injectors....replaced o-rings an copper washers. Dumped out the tank clean ... Filter keeps on blowen up with oil .or something like it. Looks like oil . how!? . it runs greattt..for 30 mins.then blah. Oiled up an choked out for power .help help help help iv spent a couple thousand

Old 07-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Ryan Morris

Originally Posted by Ryan Morris

Old 12-02-2016, 10:40 PM
Alfonso Rodriguez

[QUOTE=JFUBELE;2817214]I have a leak (small spray) coming out of the back of the cap on the fuel filter housing. It has blown my cap off once already and I had to replace the cap. I removed the housing to make sure it wasn't cracked at that particular place and it is not. The fuel shoots out between the cap and housing as the o ring is bulged out. Too much pressure in the housing? What could cause this? HELP please

Did you ever find out what it was am having the same problem now

Quick Reply: Fuel Problem?? '05 3500 Dodge Cummins 5.9L Diesel