Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Dodge Tech Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 11:01 AM
buckskin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Tech Please

Hi I know this is hte wrong forum but this is the one I frequent the most. I have a 1990 Chrysler New Yorker 3.3 v6. The car has 34k miles on it never had a problem. Yesterday the car was running fine, parked came out car starts then immediatley dies. It will do this over and over. Bad fuel pump? sensor of some kind? Thanks in advance for any info.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Spc_Sapper

sounds like a fuel pump. or map sensor

Old 06-13-2010, 10:06 PM
YAMAHARIDER5
Professional

Fuel pump is probly bad, or theirs a cracked vacuum line somewhere, Or possibly bad cam or crank sensor

Old 06-14-2010, 08:50 AM
ET RAM
Rookie

Some of the older Chrysler vehicle have a ballast resistor installed. When this resistor fails, you get the symptoms posted: engine starts but turns off when you let the key go to on.

The only one I remember was on the firewall behind the engine and looked like .5x3" electrical connector. As best I can remember. You can wire it to bypass the resistor and the engine will stay running until you replace it.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:00 AM
buckskin

Originally Posted by ET RAM
Some of the older Chrysler vehicle have a ballast resistor installed. When this resistor fails, you get the symptoms posted: engine starts but turns off when you let the key go to on.

The only one I remember was on the firewall behind the engine and looked like .5x3" electrical connector. As best I can remember. You can wire it to bypass the resistor and the engine will stay running until you replace it.
Thanks for the info. I have read there were issues with the anti theft systems on these cars?

Quick Reply: Dodge Tech Please