Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

still looking

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 11:07 PM
dodge626
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default still looking

hey guys its been a while since i been on here and im still looking for a truck i did find one or two but they got sold before i had a chance to go look at them and now tonight im on autotrader and i think i found a truck even tho it seemed kinda fishy im just waiting to see what the seller says in the email but what i would like to know is what should i be looking for in this truck? it is a 04.5 quad cab long bed with manual tranny it didnt say 5 or 6 speed i cant remember what year they changed to just 6 speed the thing that is making me nervous about this truck is the on the post it said it has 17,000 miles and they only want 15,000 for it and it has a little lift and bigger wheels and tires and a air intake there might be some more things done to it but i just cant think what else there is off the top of my head any help would be great? thanks guys

Old 02-20-2011, 01:29 PM
01ramcummins
Professional

Make sure its not a salvage for one. Another make sure he didnt ride it hard in those 17000 miles. Im guessing its a typo on the milage. But hey. Make sue you check under the hood real real good. Check for upgrades or downgrounds. The normL stuff you know. Check the inside of the trubo make sure the turbine spins freely and all. Just be observant. And watever else these guys have to say

Old 02-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Cthulhu
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It could be a legit sale if he's in financial trouble. It'd be a good opportunity for you... HOWEVER protect yourself with whatever means you can in your state/province.

Back 6 years ago, I wouldn't have considered people being in financial trouble a very common occurance, but now it seems to be every second person is.

Old 02-20-2011, 03:41 PM
dodge626
Professional

well i found it on autotrader and the truck is in ohio i emailed the guy to make sure he posted everything right im still waiting for an answer from him and if everything is all good ill go take a look at it and see what happens i just hope its all good because i have been searching for a truck for a long time and its getting frustrating waiting and waiting im just hoping nothing is wrong with it the guy didnt say too much he just said the couple things he did to it and that it would need tires soon thats my only worry because of the bigger wheels it has and how much more it will make the tires cost thanks for the replies looking forward to hearing more from you guys

Old 02-22-2011, 11:48 PM
dodge626
Professional

hey guys i finally got a hold of that guy with the truck he finally emailed me today and he keeps telling me about this amazon payment program he is went threw with this truck i guess the way he wants the deal to go down is i give payment place the money i get to go test drive and look at the truck and got five days to make sure i want the truck and once the truck goes in my name and everything he gets the money does anyone else think this is fishy or have you herd of this payment before?

Old 02-23-2011, 12:06 AM
97Rampowerhouse
Captain

Originally Posted by dodge626
hey guys i finally got a hold of that guy with the truck he finally emailed me today and he keeps telling me about this amazon payment program he is went threw with this truck i guess the way he wants the deal to go down is i give payment place the money i get to go test drive and look at the truck and got five days to make sure i want the truck and once the truck goes in my name and everything he gets the money does anyone else think this is fishy or have you herd of this payment before?

I have never heard of this seems kinda fishy to me since the guy is just beating around the bush and doesnt really respond to your questions. Im in ohio post a link for the truck

Old 02-23-2011, 12:24 AM
dodge626
Professional

it was on autotrader but today i went on there and it wasnt there anymore it was on there yesturday the guy does sound legit i just dont want to give out money for a truck with out looking at it or driving it first he had said he had two other guys interested in the truck but one never showed up to buy it and the other lost his money or what ever

Old 02-23-2011, 11:25 AM
97Rampowerhouse
Captain

Originally Posted by dodge626
it was on autotrader but today i went on there and it wasnt there anymore it was on there yesturday the guy does sound legit i just dont want to give out money for a truck with out looking at it or driving it first he had said he had two other guys interested in the truck but one never showed up to buy it and the other lost his money or what ever

Reason I ask is because about 2 years ago I found a 87 Iroc on autotrader by private seller. Everything seemed legit, so I called him to set up appt to look at the car and drove 60 miles to his place. Got there car was everything it was I was discribed to be even still had the Texas plates on it. The guy told me he had someone else coming to look at it in 20 mins. So I gave him 500.00 to hold the car while I ran 10 mins down the road to a bank to get the rest of the money. He even wrote me out a reciept, I left to get the rest of the cash, came back no car no guy! Sat and waited for 30 mins no show tried calling him, no answer. Finally after no responce with in 2 days I went to the police with complaint of fraud. There was nothing they could do because the guy was non existant! I am just saying watch your *** out there.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:31 PM
dodge626
Professional

yea well i decided to move on and look for another truck it just sounded too fishy they guy was far away from me so back to searching again and man does it suck not finding anything or have things like this happen

Old 02-23-2011, 10:26 PM
dodge626
Professional

hey guys i found another truck but its in florida at a big truck dealership is what it sounds like its a 03 with 120,000 miles on it im curious to find out how much you guys would pay for it? it looks all stock it has a tonneau on it thats about it so let me know what you guys think? thanks