Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

A/C question

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 02:34 AM
texn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C question

2003 dodge 3500 is having air conditioner issues. The driver side vents will put cold air, but the passenger side doesnt. Just regular air. Something is loose. I haven't found anything in the repair manual that I have.
Any advice here fellas?

Also, what can I clean out to have the air blow harder? Our mechanic use to blow out something to get it working better, but I am not sure what it was.

Thanks guys.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:11 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have dual zone climate control? If so, then it sounds like you have a broken blend door or actuator somewhere inside your HVAC system.

I'm not sure about cleaning anything out, the cold air is drawn from the cowl by the windshield wipers, perhaps you can open that up and clean it. I'm a Subaru tech and we've got internal cabin air filters that get clogged up with crap every 10-20k (sooner if people park under trees, longer if they park in the garage).

Old 05-31-2011, 11:08 AM
texn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont believe its a dual climate control, but I will check again.
The intake filter is what it is I believe. Anyone know where the AC pulls it in from?

Old 05-31-2011, 10:00 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think 3rd gen trucks have a cabin filter, the air should get sucked in through the cowl between the wipers.

Quick Reply: A/C question