Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Need Help with Fuel Injector voltage circuit DTCs

Old 09-14-2011, 01:23 PM
BullRhino
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with Fuel Injector voltage circuit DTCs

I have 2004.5 RAM 2500 w/Cummins (of course). Has an Edge EZ chip that came with it from previous owner. Coming back from errand this AM and truck started running terrible and check engine light was on. Checked DTCs and got P2146 "Fuel injector Group 1 supply voltage circuit/open" and P0202 "Fuel injector 2 circuit/open".

Could this be from the chip? I recently filled up and added "Power Source Diesel Kleen + Cetane Boost" to the fuel.

Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

OBTW I am a total amateur at this so if you are going to tell me to do something more complicated than unplug the chip then please help me with detailed instructions or a link to someplace where I can get detailed instructions even including photos if possible. THANKS!!!

Last edited by BullRhino; 09-14-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:54 PM
BullRhino

I went ahead and disconnected my Edge EZ and that seems to have solved the problem.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:51 PM
12valveman
Professional

have seen on early gen of these wiring rubthrough on injector harness under valvecover for injectors but have also seen electrical injecotr failures nothing mechanical with them they just show and open intermittently causing this code... but still would unhook add on first and try

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Help with Fuel Injector voltage circuit DTCs