Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

yet another lift question

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 01:22 PM
krikitz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yet another lift question

instead of buyin a lift im gonna try and peice together my own with those diesel 2500 springs and some new shocks and AAIs for the rear like a couple guys on here have done
but lookin at prepackaged kits some come with spindles and others dont
im not real sure of the difference between a spindle lift and a coil lift and i didnt know if id have to add spindles to my list or not

Old 07-28-2005, 03:44 PM
john dempsey
Default RE: yet another lift question

Spindle lifts usually apply to IFS set ups or lifting 2wd trucks. You can do the swap with diesel springs but your going to get a harsh ride since your truck is only 1500. Try FourWheel Parts Wholesalers and buy an aftermarket kit.

Old 07-28-2005, 06:19 PM
rowdyrt

i put 2500 springs in ,no problems no ride difference ,just put longer shocks in

Old 07-28-2005, 06:26 PM
Spartan
Rookie

Just a heads up if you want another option myself and a few others have done is buy the 2" suspension lift from skyjacker it comes with 2" taller coils and MAYBE they are simply stiffer i cant say i didnt measure but silverdodge may know and a AAL in the rear. the kit is about $225 shipped and was a breeze to install but i had a lift to work with so im not sure if you were simply useing floor jacks and stands easystill but you cant work standing up shocks arnt needed and its ALMOST as cheap. certainly less hassle....although krikitz says there is no ride differance and i wont argue with him but i disagree 3/4 ton springs WILL BE STIFFER. and in theory that means your ride is harsher/ may wear out shocks faster not sure if there was a differance between the 1500 and 2500 shocks anyone??

Old 07-29-2005, 01:09 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

Yes, the shocks for the 2500 are different. I'm not sure what the EXACT differences are, but they have to be stiffer/larger in order for the truck to be able to handle a heavier load.

Quick Reply: yet another lift question