Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

I have a 95 CTD and need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Garthogle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a 95 CTD and need help

Hey Men!
Just picked up my truck from a guy who said he took great care of it! lol Well the Coolant tank is dry and has sludge at the bottom. I opened the radiator cap and its green with slight rust. I need to know if I should use anything other than water to flush it? Then what brand of coolant to put back in it?

One other thing...this thing will hit 30-35 PSI of boost and I want to lower that to stock. I looked at the turbo and underneath there looks like a waste gate thing that has a blue hose coming off it but its not hooked up to anything. How do I fix this and put it back to stock?

Thanks..OBTW...I want to flush the brake fluid too...am I right to think DOT 3?

Thanks! Garth

Old 03-09-2012, 07:53 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DOT3 is normal, if you're towing heavy I'd flush it with DOT4, which tolerates higher temps.

Drain and recycle the coolant, then I'd just flush with tap water (assuming it's good water, not straight from the river/lake/well), and then fill with a mix of coolant and bulk bottled water. I'd use drinking water instead of distilled, but that's just me.

The hose coming off the wastegate should go to a fitting on the front bottom side of the turbo. The stock fitting is a 90 degree elbow.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Gartho

ok..I have a plug there...so is it a special type elbow? Or can I just go to lowes and use the brass stuff?

Old 03-10-2012, 10:57 AM
jmn1960
Professional

1/8npt brass 90* elbow is all it is,, barbed to fit the hose