Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Diesel grill cover, need it?

Old 01-11-2013, 05:16 PM
scatpack_69
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
sound like you need to sell your crew cab to someone that will take better care of it. i have started my 81 gasser when it was -25*C but it felt like -30*C with the wind and it was a bit slow turning over but fired right. no ugly grille cover here. no block heater used.
Not so fast there Speedy, that's how I bought it last November (2011). It's the coldest blooded SOB I've ever been around; if it's not plugged in, it's brutal to start. Has a pump rigged in to circulate coolant when it's plugged in. Haven't dug into it because it's getting a diesel and the 360 will be built for my Challenger most likely

Old 01-13-2013, 03:04 PM
mike54
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is the one I use the flap hanging over the bumper hangs behind the bumper unless it gets in the single digits I keep the top cover rolled up

Old 01-14-2013, 01:18 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I grabbed the outdoor rubber-backed carpet door mat off my back porch and dropped it between the intercooler and radiator last week. My EGTs were slightly higher than normal, but my coolant temp still didn't get over about 185 degrees. Usually, with the radiator unblocked, coolant temp sits at about 175ish.

I also hit my mirror heater the other day to melt the ice off. My passenger side mirror cracked. :unamused:

Old 01-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol...my drivers side mirror is cracked vertically down the center. bought it like that though. I tought about replacing both with tow mirrors since my damn power mirror motors only work for adjusting down...any other direction = no dice.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Diesel grill cover, need it?