Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 04:32 PM
copross
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member

Looking forward to this resource!!! I have a 1996 Ram 3500 Diesel 4X4 - I blew a crack in the fuel/water dissipater filter and after installing a new one I found a vacuum line hanging down and cannot determine where it goes?? I have no power assist for the brakes and no air conditioning and the ABS and emergency brake lights are on. Can anyone tell me where this vacuum line receptacle is?? Thanks!!! I am a retired Police Chief and have been an Advisor/Contractor in Afghanistan the last 3 years. I just moved to TX from the wilds of Eastern Oregon.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:39 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check your brake booster for missing line, check the vacuum pump (connected to power steering pump) check the axle lines...any leak in the vacuum system will cause total failure of anything vacuum operated (cruise control, vent control, 4x4 front axle engagement, and apparently power brakes on your truck...later models like mine are hydraulic boosted off the power steering pump)

Last edited by Jigabop; 10-03-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Quick Reply: New Member