Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Intermittent both front brakes dragging

Old 05-15-2015, 10:01 AM
serker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent both front brakes dragging

I have a 1995 Ram 2500 diesel, bought it new. I've been having an intermittent problem with both front brakes not releasing completely. This has been going on for a year or more. I have replaced all active components, Vacuum assist cylinder, master cylinder, combination valve, flexible lines to front calipers, front calipers, rear wheel cylinder. The only part not replaced is the RWAL (rear ABS)

When the condition occurs both front rims get hot. The pressure eventually bleeds off through the check valve in the combination valve. When this condition occurs the indicator pin protrudes from the combination valve, but not far enough to turn on the ABS trouble light. I think this tells me the rear piston in the combination valve is holding forward pressure on the front brake piston of the combination valve. I cannot conceive how hydraulic pressure could be trapped in the rear brake system.

Please help!

Serker

Old 05-15-2015, 10:05 AM
serker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw a thread about bypassing the RWAL (rear ABS) device, this seems like a good test?

Old 05-15-2015, 10:05 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Moved to the correct section. Welcome to DF.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Intermittent both front brakes dragging