Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

EMERGENCY! AC controls/ Auto Headlights not working

Old 07-14-2015, 07:52 AM
FakeBakn3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy EMERGENCY! AC controls/ Auto Headlights not working

Please give your input asap. I'm supposed to leave in 3 days for a 7 day colorado trip towing my 5th wheel, and my truck is giving me hell. I went to start it and the batteries were very low (haven't checked the amps on them yet). jumped the truck off, reset the low voltage code, and noticed my auto-headlights no longer worked (manually switching works just fine) and my AC controls have no lights and only the blower motor switch works (air just comes from floor vents, no compressor kick or anything). Please help, I only have 3 days to figure this out. No other problems with the truck ever.

Info on the truck
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 6.7, EGR/DPF/Exhaust delete, straight pipe. S&B CAI, and H&S Mini Maxx.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:56 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

You likely shorted a fuse, relay or the or wire when you jumped it...

Old 07-14-2015, 07:58 AM
FakeBakn3

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
You likely shorted a fuse, relay or the or wire when you jumped it...
if this is the case... the relay or fuse will be no issue.. but as far as some sort of shorted wire from a jump start.. where would i start? In 20 years of jump starting, never had any of that happen. Thought it might be the batteries being ready to be replaced... but i gotta figure this out ASAP...

Old 07-14-2015, 11:45 AM
FakeBakn3

Ok.. $337 (including a 10% discount, lol) later, all is well.. 2 batteries and a 30 minute period without any juice seems to have resolved the issues. Thanks for the replies!

Old 07-16-2015, 01:54 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was going to suggest unhooking your batteries, giving them a good charge, and hooking it all back up.

Since 2005, Dodge has had a circuit board in the fuse box - it's the Totally Integrated Power Module, or TIPM for short.

It controls a lot of stuff, and it can get glitchy. I've "fixed" a few Dodge's (including my own minivan) that had *really* weird electrical issues, simply by unhooking the battery and hooking it back up. Turn signals not flashing, lights not turning on, etc.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EMERGENCY! AC controls/ Auto Headlights not working