Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

07, 6.7L Cummins Trans issues

Old 09-23-2015, 11:22 AM
Dickie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07, 6.7L Cummins Trans issues

I bought my 07 this past June and gotta say, I love everything about my truck except the transmission. It made a cross-country haul with all of my household goods on it and the trailer. Great mileage, great power, never stalled or lagged.
My problem though is this, When the tranny is cold, it likes seems to have intermittent issues shifting back to first at a stop and likes to jump a bit and, if I don't take it really easy on the throttle from a start, it goes into some mode where it won't shift at all until 2500+ RPM until I shut the truck down for a few minutes to let it reset. This happens hot or cold.
All fluids were changed when I bought it and it has 220k on the odometer. Is this something that I can remedy with a MODIS or am i looking at a R&R? I'm new to Dodge equipment and unfamiliar with its eccentricities.
Thanks!

Old 09-24-2015, 11:58 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have access to a Modis?

Scan for codes. Get it to act up and see if it throws any. For giggles, go into the trans live data and record all of the CVI numbers and post them up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 07, 6.7L Cummins Trans issues