Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

fuel filter

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 06:19 AM
chickenwing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel filter

I have a 2009 6.7 diesel. I was wanting to install a primary (fuel/water) separator, is this possible?

Old 03-11-2016, 11:19 PM
p38251
Record Breaker

The stock set up is a water fuel separator. Are you wanting a fass or airdog setup?

Old 03-12-2016, 06:02 AM
chickenwing

Thank you for responding. I'm not sure which way to go. I'm used to big rigs having two filters and have had friends who have had injector failures due to bad fuel. Don't know if this would give me added protection or am I worrying for nothing. This is my first diesel pickup. I have installed a delete kit with a race me pro programer which I only run it in Stock mode. If you could give me some advice and guidance I'd really appreciate it,thanks.

Old 03-12-2016, 09:30 AM
p38251
Record Breaker

The new cp pumps do very well with a tuner. I ran mine awhile that way. Another factor, is what are you plans for the truck? If you are doing more mode later. Do a fass or airdog setup. I use my truck to tow. However I am planning a twin turbo setup, headstuds larger injectors. So I run a fass setup. The 5.9 were susceptible to injector failures. Mostly due to adding tuners and not another lift pump. The VP pumps where not able to keep up with demand. Hope this helps.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:38 AM
chickenwing

I don't have any plans for modifications unless needed. I occasionally haul hay or cattle short distances. I'm still experimenting with programer trying to find decent fuel mileage when empty. Was kind of concerned about the single filter set up. Noticed the dual filter set up is costly and was wondering if it was necessary for added protection or any benefits to having the programer and delete kit. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: fuel filter