Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

I reset my computer to see if my turbo would work again and...

Old 07-29-2016, 07:38 AM
qbertACAB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I reset my computer to see if my turbo would work again and...

First post on here, hopefully someone can shine some light on this.
For the last few months I havent really had any boost for the most part and boy do I miss it. I live in some woods, in some mountains and go into town once every 2 weeks or so and usually will stay for a night. A handfull of times now on my way to town my turbo seems like its working like its supposed to again. I wake up excited to drive my truck the way its supposed to only to find myself having trouble making it through stoplights before they change. I couldnt figure out why it would work going one way and then not the next day. I was thinking maybe altitude or something like that but the most logical is that it between my trips to town over the last few monts ive been working slowly to get my sound system in and unplug the battery's for a few days at a time, and that might be reseting the tubro?
So yesturday I decided to flip my key 3 times and the reset code flashed and I think I reset the computer and sure enough I heard my turbo spooling, pressed the gas and took off. Only lasted about an hour and then went away again. My turbo is playing just the tip with me.
SO I reset again, no turbo, loss of power and almost feels like im driving an automotic now. The handling improved, but dont have as much power and shifting down doesnt seem to do much as far as slowing me down. I dont know what ive done. Im supposed to pick up a trailer today too but dont want to mess something up.

Last edited by qbertACAB; 07-29-2016 at 01:07 PM. Reason: forgot to finish
Old 08-06-2016, 10:17 PM
cummins 6.7
Rookie

what year is ur truck??

Old 08-07-2016, 08:53 PM
nibroc
Veteran
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

says it's a 2001 dodge 2500

Old 08-08-2016, 10:07 PM
Friar Tuck
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So yesturday I decided to flip my key 3 times and the reset code flashed and I think I reset the computer
What this is supposed to do is show you trouble or "P" codes. Here's how it works: Turn the key to ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON and watch the odometer. It will slowly display the codes, and when finished, display "Pdone". Let us know what the codes are.

Old 08-09-2016, 04:47 PM
p38251
Record Breaker

Sounds like a waste gate issue.

Old 08-14-2016, 12:08 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How's your fuel pressure?

My money's on a vp44 going out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I reset my computer to see if my turbo would work again and...