Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Code P2509

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 10:01 PM
Denniss66
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code P2509

I got a cel that keeps coming up and its P2509. I just replaced both batteries and cleaned up my cable ends as they were heavily corroded. Cables are on tight but I can't seem to get rid of this engine light even erasing it. It comes back up any thoughts or knowledge on what the issue could be?

Old 09-11-2016, 10:01 PM
Denniss66
Veteran

Originally Posted by Denniss66
I got a cel that keeps coming up and its P2509. I just replaced both batteries and cleaned up my cable ends as they were heavily corroded. Cables are on tight but I can't seem to get rid of this engine light even erasing it. It comes back up any thoughts or knowledge on what the issue could be?
Oh and its a 2007 ram 3500 with the 5.9L thanks

Old 09-12-2016, 09:21 AM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran

I'm guessing you only cleaned the cable ends that attach to the batteries. You should be cleaning BOTH ends of every power and ground cable.

I had an issue with the power cable that connects the 2 batteries last year. The alternator is hooked to the passenger side and the computer senses the voltage on the drivers side. Because of a failing cable, the alternator ended up cooking the passenger side because the computer was sensing the battery that wasn't being charged. I ended up replacing ALL of the power and ground cables.

Quick Reply: Code P2509