Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Just opinions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 10:34 PM
Bo0sTdTsI
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just opinions.

I just recently purchased a 2007 ram 3500 with the 5.9 cummins with the auto trans. Im a little new to diesel but am decently mechanically inclined to catch on fairly quick. The truck seems to be running fine besides some cosmetics and preventative maintenance items, U joints, few small leaks etc. I have googled some issues and was wondering how some of yall went about transmission issues, biught it with 174k miles at a good price in my opinion even though i need to put some money into it. It feels like it slips at a low mph but once it reaches about 40mph its fine. At the low mph range ill ease into it and itll be fine sometimes. Ive read about some solenoid or possibility of valve body. I know repairs arent cheap but its not the end of the world in my opinion it made it on a 6hr drive from where I purchased it all the way home. If it ends up being needing a trans rebuild i was wondering where everyone ordered the parts from. Im going to have the trans checked this weekend. Any input would be awesome i really fell in love with this truck and i have my 1500 in case i need to down the 3500 for repairs. TIA

Old 04-08-2017, 10:42 PM
BB669
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BD Diesel makes some good kits for these trans. It sounds like it may just need some adjustment. If it needs rebuilt, you're looking at 4k and up. Firepunk sounds like the way to go. Welcome to the family. Enjoy.