Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Locking cap for 2016 CTD

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 01:40 AM
cummins_femme
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locking cap for 2016 CTD

I am new here, and hopefully posting in the right place.

I am getting more interested in things about my truck due to various circumstances. I am a woman with not a lot of knowledge about diesel vehicles. I know enough to keep the def full, put diesel in and not gasoline, and keep up the maintenance schedule.

Recently I got a locking fuel cap for my 2016 CTD from Bem Auto. I've posted this on several different forums because I have had terrible luck finding out why there was no cap on my truck in the first place. Doesn't dodge put a cap on the new trucks anymore? I guess not because when I purchased it and picked it up from the dealer, I was shocked to see that red plastic thingy. I have kept it there until recently.

My regular car (grocery getter) got damaged shortly after a nasty altercation with some in-town folks, while it was parked at the grocery store. I have no idea whether it's related, but I can't help but wonder. This got me thinking about the "sugar in the gas tank" scenario. I can't have someone do that to my practically new pickup while it's parked in town.

I looked for a long time for a locking cap and finally found the bem auto cap. It's fairly easy to use. I feel confident in it since I spent some time yanking on it. I think you could cut off the plastic neck or maybe lever the cap off with a tool, but not without taking part or all of the plastic neck with the cap. Either way, you'd definitely know if someone had tampered with it.

What was dodge thinking??

Old 05-18-2017, 08:07 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Cost savings....lol... Welcome to the forum.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:26 PM
cummins_femme
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the welcome.