Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Wheel bounce

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 08:01 PM
Nate_rs
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m at a loss. I’ve got no idea what is causing this major issue.

Today I spent a few more hours checking out everything under the truck. I pulled the track bar out and checked the DOR bracketry to make sure everything was on good. Man that things on there TIGHT. Track bar is good. Steering linkage is good. Tie rods are good. Ball joints are good. Long arms are GOOD. Everything is tight.

So so why does my truck try to kill me when I go more than 70 mph?!

The front end almost feels loose.
Today I also affixed my GoPro to my front bumper, pointing back at the front axle. I took it for a short drive and came home and reviewed the footage. Everything looks normal. Front suspension is all doing it’s job according to the video. I might have to take it on a longer jaunt down the highway. I’m just afraid of my GoPro falling off the truck lol.

I guess the the only thing I can try now is taking it in for an alignment and see if that helps at all. Man, this sucks!

Old 04-11-2018, 11:09 PM
Nate_rs
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The truck is finally fixed. I wanted to hold off on posting the reason until I was sure it was gone.

It turned out to to be a combination of a slightly out of balance front tire and two loose jam nuts on the long arms. The truck is good now, tested by going for several 100mph jaunts down bumpy stretches of road. Truck felt nice and planted and not once tried to DW on me.

Hard to believe that was all it took to send it into those episodes but it is what it is. Thanks for all the help guys.