Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

6.4L hemi or 6.7L cummins?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 11:58 PM
Shodzar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 6.4L hemi or 6.7L cummins?

basically wondering if i should get gas or diesel on my next truck? i plan to get a Ram 2500 in the near future and am torn on whether or not to get the hemi or the cummins. I do think that i may add super/turbochargers on it in the near future (depending if i get the gas or diesel) which may require a different transmission...
Also was unsure on where to ask this question.

Old 06-13-2018, 12:16 AM
FCA Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shodzar
basically wondering if i should get gas or diesel on my next truck? i plan to get a Ram 2500 in the near future and am torn on whether or not to get the hemi or the cummins. I do think that i may add super/turbochargers on it in the near future (depending if i get the gas or diesel) which may require a different transmission...
Also was unsure on where to ask this question.
If you are planning to add power to the Cummins you may want to consider moving up to a 3500 so you can get the Aisin transmission. The 68RFE does okay with stock power, but has several weak points above stock. These weak points can be upgraded but are fairly expensive. I haven't had any major problems with the 66RFE behind the Hemi, but I don't see many with performance mods around here. The normal weak points can also be addressed in the 66RFE if you find yourself getting power hungry. There are several places to purchase the upgrade parts.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:10 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Depends on your intended use of the truck.

Quick Reply: 6.4L hemi or 6.7L cummins?