Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

TRANSMISSION OIL

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 11:21 PM
atm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TRANSMISSION OIL

what transaxle fuild due you guys recomend for a 95 dodge neon with a 5 speed manual transmission?

Old 08-08-2007, 12:03 AM
code

how do i find out which transmission i have? 01 5.9 turbo/excabautomatic longbed

Old 08-08-2007, 01:09 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Foratm's '95 Neon 5-speed manual, it should have Mopar Type MS-9417. Amsoil's Synthetic Manual Synchromesh
Transmission Fluid does meet this specification.

For code's'01 automatic, it gets ATF+4 (do not use Dexron or Mercon fluid, of course, Mobil 1 and Amsoil synthetics are useable)

Old 08-08-2007, 04:28 AM
kg1687
Veteran

I used penzoil senchromesh Not impressed shifting is tougher. Going to try either royal purple out or ams oil. probably ams oil. Easier to get ahold of. But Basically. Any high performance oil producer. Ams oil, Redline. Royal purple. All have stuff out there to use in your tranny. JUST BE SURE THAT IT" THE RIGHT STUFF! For instance don't use gear lube for manual tranny so on and so forth. Plus the dealers should be able to tell you what to use if you know what you have. But as for your sticker. They're correct as in don't use the wrong lube. But incorrect telling you who.... They would prefer you go to them and pay them.

Also Drew. Hey have you heard of anyone switching like a 03 5.9L with a NV5600 to a G56? Isn't it a similar set up? Gearing such and such? Or are they way different? Would it be worth considering if you tranny go **** up? Oh btw went to a site the other day stated taht the NV5600 brand new was only like 4k I expected more. It was a OEM Parts site so I dunno. [&:]

Quick Reply: TRANSMISSION OIL