Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

47re trans Torque Converter lock/unlock

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 10:02 PM
BLACKSHEEP757
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by freedomintheskies
You sir, are a gentleman! Thank you for sharing your great find!

I have a 2000 Ram 2500/ Cummins truck with about 65000miles on it and just started having these same issues where the truck would go into OD/lockup at the normal 50mph and if you floated between 48 and 53mph, it would jump out of lockup at a rate of once per 1-2 seconds, until you got to 54+mph.
I followed the electro static discharge (shielding) instructions and relocated the harness to the top of the alternator bracket. Test drove and guess what????

SMILED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THanks again!
+1 more....in and out of lockup has been driving me nuts...just had my trans rebuilt a couple of weeks ago and started doing this to me last week.espically annoying while towing and had me a bit concerned my new tranny was gonna have to come right back out....tried this trick this morning along with zip tied wire away from alt,and a bit of ground terminal tweaking......60 mile test drive and a big smile!....lockup problem solved!.....hopefully i didnt do any damage towing 140 miles with it jumping in and out like it was saturday

Old 03-22-2018, 09:27 PM
Flint G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 47re lock/unlock

This was an old thread but it is true. My 2001 2500 started doing the surge after 180K mi. Wrapped the wire and Merry Christmas, it works!
Love these forums

Quick Reply: 47re trans Torque Converter lock/unlock